The excursion will take you to the coastal lagoon of Punta of Ixpalbarco, a Protected Natural Area of Federal jurisdiction, a refuge for flora and fauna of the island of Cozumel. visiting the wetlands; the lagoon is shallow with a maximum depth of 1.2 meters deep. Canoes should be charged and brought to the edge of the lagoon from the vehicle. It is one of the most remote access points on the island and few are the privileged ones who know these places.
- Transportation from the meeting point, (MEGA – Soriana, down town), to the lagoon and back.
- Access fees to the Natural Protected Area.
- The guides are professionals in environmental sciences and certified guides by SECTUR.
- It is rowed slowly for two hours, making strategic stops for observation.
- Mangrove community, home to wildlife, is the scenario during the visit to this coastal ecosystem
8:00 a.m. 8:10 a.m.
9:00 a.m. 11:30 a.m. 13:00 p.m.
participants of the excursion will meet at MEGA store, down town.
- Transfer by car to Ixpalbarco lagoon on the east coast of the island.
- Provision of coffee or tea, seasonal fruit, pastries and natural fruit water.
- Start the tour by canoe.
- End of the boating activity.
- Return to the meeting point in the town of
Duration: The tour is 4 hours 30 minutes
Price per person: $ 110.00 USD
Minimum or participants: 2 passengers
The maximum capacity for the two (2) available canoes is 6 passengers and a one guide.
* Note: Call for environmental availability